Friday, July 8, 2011

Leaving On Vacation

A few weeks ago I left on vacation to Dallas. Missy and Janie had already left and were in Dallas waiting on me.
After work I raced down to the Flagstaff airport to leave out. The airport there is pretty small. In fact they have one terminal and only one plane flies out at a time.
How large are those planes? Here is the plane that I flew in on my way to Phoenix. It seated a whopping thirty-six passengers.
Yes.
You did read that right.
36!
The plane from Phoenix to Dallas was much larger. (So was the airport.) We loaded the plane and got ready to lift off and head east to DFW.
But there was a delay. Some thuderstorms were moving into the Dallas area and the crew had to add more fuel to the plane. Because of the added weight of the fuel and the amount of passengers on board, they crew asked for four people to leave the plane. They would fly out the next morning, be put up in a hotel by US Air and get a $200 voucher that would be good for a year.
I must admit I thought about it. . . for about a nano-second. I was ready to get to Dallas and see my family!
A miracle did occur. After a 45 minute delay, we began to move.
You can see in the picture that sunset was starting.
The plane began to build up more speed.
We finally took off and were in the air.
I did get to see a beautiful sunset over Phoenix as we headed for Dallas.

Finally on my way to good food,
good friends,
good music buying,
and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment