Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Visit to Cowboys Stadium

For Father's Day this year
my amazing wife gave me something
that I really, really wanted:
a tour of the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium.
But she did not just give me a tour of the stadium.
She got me the VIP tour!
At the entrance is the statue of Coach Tom Landry
that use to be at Texas Stadium.
Here I am with Coach Landry.
Here are the three of us:
Me, Missy and Janie,
and of course Coach Landry.
Do you ever wonder about the turf that goes on the field?
It comes out in rolls.
Very LARGE rolls.
Here I am (along with Janie, my son-in-law Rusty and
one of my grandsons)
at the table in the press room.
I can still hear Tony Romo now:
"It is what it is."
Here is a view of the end zone from
the sixth level (I think).
This is the helmet from the end zone. (See previous picture).
Me at the helmet in the end zone.
I am down on the field at the NFL emblem.
The field was available to just wander around on.
Looking at the end zone gave me new respect for a player who
catches the ball on the (for example) the five yard line
and runs it back for a touchdown.
Think Dez Bryant and his 93 yard td last year.
That is a lot of running.
That is some serious football playing

In my next post we will look at some more of the stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment