Thursday, July 21, 2011

Finding Music On Vacation

One of my favorite things about visiting Dallas-Fort Worth is buying music.
DFW is a very strong music buying area
and
whenever I go into the area, looking for music is always on my agenda.
I got to visit one of my all time favorite stores: Forever Young Records.
If I ever walked inside of Forever Young
and not find something that I wanted
then that would mean that I am either dead or
the store is empty!
Along with my stash my wife and daughter both found music that they wanted.
[Please note: This picture above is from the half price books website.]

A few days after visiting Forever Young
we went to my favorite Half Price Books.
It is in South Arlington.
It is a great place to find good music.
I scored pretty well in that store.
[Please note: the picture above is from the Mardel website.]

A few days later
we went to the Mardel's bookstore
in South Arlington (I-20 & Cooper Street).
Once more I scored well on my music hunting.
That was all of the music buying in the Dallas area that I did.
But on the way back to Arizona we did stop in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
We stopped at Calvary of Albuquerque for their Wednesday night service.
We got there somewhat early and visited their bookstore.
I picked up a worship cd by Nick Crispo.
Nick is a worship leader at the church there and this is a cd of mostly original songs.
Very pleasant.

Hunting for music in a large city is always a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment