Wednesday, July 13, 2011

An Encounter With Rudy

We always enjoy eating whenever we return to Dallas.
In fact because I post so much about eating on this blog I have been falsely accused of being a food blog.
I am not.
I just like good food.
I saw Rudy's after I left the airport the night I flew into Dallas. It was close to 1:00am and, of course, they were closed.
I mentioned that they looked interesting and I would like to check them out.
We had a dinner engagement the next evening but for a quick lunch we checked out Rudy's.
Rudy's is a bar-b-que chain that has moved into the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
They are really big on Dr. Pepper, which is not a bad thing at all.
There are vintage signs throughout the restaurant about Dr. Pepper.
As you walk up to the counter there is a large iced down cooler with different soft drinks with
A LOT of Dr Pepper.
The employees all wear Rudy t-shirts with this on the back.
The shirts are available for sale.
But one must ask what about the food.
Missy and I shared a sliced brisket sandwich.
It was a mistake.
I should not have shared.
It was extremely good.
Rudy's has two types of sauce.
There is the normal bar-b-que sauce. It has a nice kick to it and I really enjoyed it.
The regular sauce was a little to much for Janie and she went with the "sissy sause."
The dining area is nothing except large tables put together with checkered table cloths.
Rudy's has a very friendly and fun atmosphere.

This was not our only visit to Rudy's when we were in Dallas. We went to the new Dallas Cowboys stadium for a tour and stopped off at Rudy's for take out.
My regret?
I didn't get a t-shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment