Monday, May 17, 2010

Memories Of Music Buying - part 5

In the last year and a half a lot of online music stores have shut down. With the economy in the state that it is in and with the popularity of MP3s, the music retail community has been hit hard and is changing. But one online music store that has survived well is Rad Rockers.

Rad Rockers gained popularity in early day of the Cornerstone Festival in the mid-80s. They are known for carrying independent music, imports, and a lot of discontinued music from major labels.

My first encounter with Rad Rockers was at Cornerstone Festival. They have a booth there every year and I always bought tons of music from them.

But it was not until almost 10 years later that I placed my first order on line with Rad Rockers. The had Undercovers' "Anthology" at an excellent price. Since then I have ordered from them off and on. I must admit their selection is very impressive.

There are so many great place to find music. So often it is not the "normal" place. I have found music in pawn shops, second hand stores and at garage sales. Of course music events (concerts, festivals, etc.) are great places to find music. My wife has learned that if there is a stack of music somewhere for sell, I will go through it.

To all of you music hunters and buyers out there, happy hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment