Saturday, May 15, 2010

Friday Music Find

On Friday when I got off work my wife looked at me and mentioned the idea of heading down to Flagstaff. My mind went to that little store in the historical area of town, Rock-It-Man. So off we went. We did have some things to do there, but since I was in the neighborhood I stopped off for a short visit.
I found four cds that I picked up. Not a bad find.
This is the 1971 live classic by the Allman Brothers Band. It was recorded over two days at the Fillmore East.
How can one pass up the Grammy Award winning 2008 release by Jeff Beck!
I have been in a jazzy mood of late and some Chuck Mangione was right on target. I forget what an amazing musician he is.
To finish off my find, I had to pick up something from a native Texan (and Dallas at that!). This is a classic greatest hits album from Steve Miller.

Next time I go in there (or any other music store) I need to have a "want list" to look for certain cds. I guess I need to work on that. But a fun time was had at Rock-It-Man.


No comments:

Post a Comment