Friday, March 13, 2009

There Is Nothing Like New Music




I LOVE getting new music.  On Monday I placed an order from the Word For Today for 3 new cds.  On Wednesday (my day off) I received them.  I didn't expect them to arrive until Friday.  But when I checked their delivery day, it was Wednesday!  Man was I excited.  Missy did tell me to calm down and that UPS usually didn't arrive until 4:30 or so.  

About 4:30 I heard the little brown truck stopping in front of my rv and I went out and met the UPS man.  (He knows us by now.  Everything (almost) comes UPS.)

The first cd was by Terry Clark entitled "U Gada No" (Catalyst Ministries, 1993).  It is an older album that has some really great songs.  One song on there that I really wanted is a song called Jesus Mighty Fortress.  When my family attended Calvary Chapel Garland (Garland TX) years ago that was one of the songs that we use to sing.  Brings back great memories.

Second is Evan Wickham's 2005 release "Mysterious Things."  I was familar with a few of the songs on here ("House of the Holy One," "Pour Out Your Spirit, Lord" and "Hallalujah Jesus").  The rest of the album though is really great.  It was produced by Evan and his father John Wickham.  His brother is Phil Wickham who has become a name in a lot of circles.  

Last but not least is the new Scott Cunningham cd call "'Till The Whole World Hears."  This is the one by Scott that I have been waiting on.  As much as I loved his previous release, this one is a masterpiece.  This is a very sing-a-long type of cd with some great worship songs.  Not a bad cut on the whole disc.  This will be the one that Missy will beg me to stop playing simply because I will be playing it waaaay to much!  

There is nothing like new music.

No comments:

Post a Comment