Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Think I Might Have Lost My Mind


Have you ever done something, or agreed to something and then you wonder, have I lost it completely?  Yesterday, (April 1)  I started a new job.  I am in training as a supervisor.  One of our supervisors is out ill and we have no idea when she will return.  After a few weeks our manager, Sharon, hired a new supervisor.  Her name is Teri and she is doing a really good job.  In the midst of all of this one of our other supervisors named Betty needs to leave for about three months and go back to New York.  She needs to deal with some family issues that are extremely important.  There is only one more supervisor.  That would leave two supervisors doing all of the work.  

Last week I approached Sharon about supervision and told her that I am available to step into supervision if needed.  She took me up on it.  Last night Betty started training me to replace her when she leaves on the 12th.  Actually the 12th (Easter Sunday) will be her last day.  

Last night went well.  I watched how Betty did all the paperwork (there really is not that much).  But tonight I get to do all the paperwork (she will be over my shoulder just in case).  

Pray for me as I start a new adventure here at the Grand Canyon.  Our prayer is that the Lord would be glorified as I work.

No comments:

Post a Comment