Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom

Today is a very special day.
Today would have been my mom's 95th birthday.
Yes.
You read that right.
95 years old.

My sister and I were born to my parents somewhat late in life.
That did not mean that we were "mistakes" or were not loved by our parents.
It just means that they were older than our friends parents.
And that was not a problem.

My mother had many characteristics and attributes that were strong examples to me.
My mom had a very strong love for the Lord.
She loved the Lord with all of her heart, mind, body and soul (cf. Mark 12:30).

On November 25, 1986 my mother passed away.
I had gone to pick up some things from her home as we were preparing for Thanksgiving.
I had knocked and knocked on her front door with no answer.
I knew that something was wrong.
I used my key and went inside.
I found her on the floor where she had died the night before.

My mother had many physical problems and everyone of them are gone.
She no longer has any pain or discomfort.
And most of all she is with the One that she loved and lived her life for.

I know that even though my mother is
absent from the body she is present with the Lord (2 Cor. 5:8).

1 comment:

  1. Wow thats a good way to think about her.I tell folks my parents are now my gardian angels!Trish

    ReplyDelete