Friday, October 29, 2010

Food In Phoenix

When you go away for a long weekend or even a vacation many times food becomes a major focal point.
But living at the Grand Canyon going out to eat becomes almost a depressing experience. There are times I come home from work and my wife does not feel like cooking and you think, where do we go for food? McDonalds, Wendys or pizza? Not a lot of variety!

That is why when we leave the Canyon and go somewhere food becomes a big deal! And in Phoenix we had a lot to choose from. Here were a few of our favorite stops.
The first night we stopped and had dinner at On The Border. What an experience!
I had the Big Bordurrito. It was HUGE! And man was it good. A giant burrito stuffed with black beans, rice, and fajita steak. The flavor was out of this world.
Chick-Fil-A has become one of our favorites over the years and we "suffered" through two meals there on our Phoenix trip - breakfast and dinner. What can I say? It was tasty.
The last day we were there we found Einstein Bros Bagels and had a great breakfast. There is nothing like a bagel from there.
But their coffee can very easily become some of my favorite.
Yes. I saved the best for last - Abuellos'. We discovered this restaurant when we lived in Dallas. When we learned there was one in Phoenix we knew we had to go.
Yes, that is a lot of food! Three different enchiladas, a tamale, a chili relleno, a taco, and rice and beans. No, I did not eat all of it my self. I shared my food with my daughter, but I would not let her have my taco. I made her get her own. The food was amazing.

I must admit that Phoenix had a lot to offer food wise. I do know that our next trip down there Abuellos' will be on our list of stops. Hmm. What to order next.

1 comment: