Saturday, September 24, 2011

These Times, They Are A Changin'

The American Heritage Dictionary defines the word "change" as
"to cause to be different; alter."
This past week there have been some serious changes taking place in our household.
Missy and I have spent the last few months
talking,
praying,
discussing
(not fighting - HONESTLY)
about my job in supervision.

A whole lot has happened this past year to get me to the place
where I realized that I had made a
major error
(think mistake)
in accepting the position of full-time supervisor.
The biggest and most improtant mistake was
that the Lord did not want me in there!
I wanted me in there.
The biggest problem with the job was the toll it was taking on
my family life,
my daughters' education,
and on my physical rest.

On Monday I resigned from my position.

I am now a seasonal shuttle bus driver.
I will be here until November 30th, and from there
I will have three months off.
In regards to my family life - the tone has completely changed.
And I am getting caught up on my sleep.

Wait on the LORD;
be of good courage,
And He shall stregthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD.
(Psalm 27:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment