Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Visit With Smokey

Do you remember Smokey the Bear when you were a child? I remember those great commercials on television and Smokey saying "Only you can prevent forest fires."

Just outside of Grand Canyon National Park is the road to the Forest Service Office. Sitting right on the corner is Smokey the Bear. Many people stop and check Smokey out and take his picture. He is life size and as you can see very cool.

We decided to get some pictures with Smokey.

Man! Even Smokey is taller than me!
My wife looking beautiful (as always) with the Bear.
My daughter giving Smokey a hug.

Then, we decided to have fun with Smokey.

Trying to match Smokey's eyes.
Is my wife trying to give instructions to Smokey? Is he listening?

If you ever make it here to the Grand Canyon you must stop and see Smokey. Don't worry, you will not miss him.

No comments:

Post a Comment