Friday, January 1, 2010

So Long To Christmas


A few days after Christmas the decorations came down and we began to put things away. As much as we all enjoy the decorations it is always a relief to get the house back to normal. The tree is out of the way and is no longer the center of attention. The extra lights are gone, put away to fight with for another year.

At times I will miss some of the music and the excitement and the anticipation, but Christmas is a lot more than that. Christmas is not about the music and the excitement but it is about the anticipation of Christ. As a Christian I want to live in the anticipation of the second coming of Christ. I want to look for his coming as I go about my daily life, as I read and watch the news, as I listen to the events that are unfolding in my life time. I want to be able to say with the Apostle John, "even so, come, Lord Jesus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment