Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Snow, Snow and More Snow

Tuesday, Dec. 8. I got up extra early knowing that we were to have a lot of snow over night and I had to be at work at 5:30. What I was not prepared for was 2 feet of the stuff!!!
I shoveled and shoveled until I thought I could get my car out. I got half way out of the driveway and got stuck! It was NOT a good experience. The snow on the road was higher than the bumper on my car! Even if I could get on the road I would not have been able to get down the street. And the snow was still falling!
So, here I am, a native Texan buried in two feet of snow, trying my best to get to work, with my car stuck half way onto the road. [Note: IF the snow plow came by, I would be in his way] I called my manager and she dug herself out and picked me up for work. It took the manager almost an hour to get dug out of the snow and to get onto the road. My wife, who came out to help me, and I got the car back into it's parking place in the driveway. Our little car was slipping and sliding all over the place. At one point we thought it was going to hit the truck!
I walked to the main road and met my manager as she came by. We drove into work and were amazed at the amount of snow that had fallen over night. I got to work at 7:30 a.m. It was a rough day fighting with the snow and trying our best to get bus service going. Buses did not hit the road until 12:30 that afternoon. And even then it was just partial service until about 5:00. By the time I arrived back to work on Thursday life was slowly getting back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment